The Town of Stephenville believes:
- recreation and leisure are a fundamental need and will provide a critical foundation for the quality of life and well being.
- recreation and leisure are an essential social service, embraced the same way as education and health.
- regular recreation and physical activity provide one of the best means of long term preventive health care thus our facilities are the core delivery agencies.
- that providing leadership and collaborative efforts involving all facility staff and the community working together towards a common vision are most effective for advancing recreation and leisure.
- in training opportunities and support of staff and individuals in order to initiate or improve recreation and leisure planning, leadership, programs and services.
- that assisting the community to work together to embrace and build upon existing strengths will aid in the planning and provision of recreation and leisure services.