THE TOWN OF STEPHENVILLE
Recreation & Wellness Division
Summer Activities and Events Coordinator
JOB SUMMARY: To enhance community recreation through programming and activities to encourage community involvement through participation and active engagement. The position will report directly to the Recreation & Wellness Coordinator. The successful incumbent will manage and develop events, over-see staff and volunteers, assist community groups with their activities/events, promote healthy eating framework, and attend required training if necessary.
- Actively facilitate and implement events for the Recreation & Wellness Division
- Effectively interact with and supervise participants at events/activities
- Set-up and take-down of equipment when necessary
- Communicate program information to parents/participants
- Responsible for over-seeing staff/volunteers and ensuring tasks are completed
- Communicate with community groups in the area to help when needed
- Recruit volunteers for events/activities
Candidates must demonstrate good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work independently and be proficient in Microsoft office. Canada Summer Jobs, now includes all youth aged 15-30 and is no longer restricted to students. This position will be for 8 weeks (30 hours/week) beginning in the month of June and concluding in the month of August. Experience working with in a recreational setting is an asset. The successful candidate will be required to provide a recent certificate of conduct and must be bondable.
$15.50/per hour for 30 hours per week
Interested & qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume & cover letter by May 24, 2019 @ 4:00 pm
Submit Applications to:
Town of Stephenville
125 Carolina Ave
Stephenville, NL, A2N 2Z5
The Town of Stephenville appreciates all applicants for their interest; however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.